Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Sweet Surprise

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!  I had to work all day Friday & Saturday, but my best friend Alexis surprised me on Saturday night & came up from CT to visit! I have been so busy lately we haven't been able to see each other in a few months so I was extra excited.  She brought her adorable Chihuahua, Gisele.  Friends, dogs & food - what could be better?!




 



It was freezing, I mean feels like 1 degree + windy.  Not an ideal combo, but it was sunny so we bundled up decided to have brunch & walk around Charles street





very festive 'make way for ducklings'



After a brief photo shoot in the Commons we had worked up and appetite (and couldn't feel our toes) so we headed over to the Paramount for brunch.  If you haven't been there yet, you have to check it out... it's SO good.  We kept seeing pancakes and ooey gooey delicious caramel covered french toast, but we both decided to get eggs.
huevos rancheros with side of fruit, fresh OJ & tea 




We did some shopping & then stopped into Paper-source.  I'll be posting a few valentines projects this week, so stay tuned!
We stopped into Flour for some much needed cappuccinos & sweet treats.  I got a raspberry granola bar & Alexis got a vanilla cupcake. 


For dinner I made a simple & delicious quinoa bowl with edemame, spinach, onion, peppers and my new favorite spicy sauce found here




For dessert I made my new favorite - banana blueberry coconut ice cream.
It's so easy & creamy, I could eat it every day.  Did I mention it's only 3 ingredients?
-Frozen bananas
-Frozen blueberries
-Coconut
(if it's way too thick add 2 Tbs almond milk)

Food Process all.  Sprinkle more coconut & blueberries.  Enjoy!
What a wonderful day with my sweet friend!

x Sara



2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Sara!! your a rock star.
    Make sure you introduce yourself next time we see you.

    Wozz!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I've been raving about it since I started using it. Excited to stock up on more!

      -Sara

      Delete