Thursday, February 27, 2014

Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


Peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in sweet tooth heaven.  They're the perfect mix of salty and sweet, rich and creamy.  There's just really nothing that compares.

That is, until now.  Move over peanut butter there's a new nut in town - almond butter.  I may or may not have a slight obsession with almond butter.  I put it on my oatmeal, in smoothies... Pretty much anything I would eat with peanut butter.

I just bought a jar of almond butter and was craving cookies (duh) so obviously I decided to make almond butter cookies with chocolate chips!  I stumbled upon this recipe and it looked so easy I had to give it a go, sweet success!




4 ingredients + baking soda 

What you need
- 1c almond butter 
- 1/2 c brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1 c chocolate chips

Directions  
- preheat oven to 350 & prep two baking sheets with parchment paper
- mix first 4 ingredients (I used a hand mixer)
- add in chocolate chips and mix with spoon until just combined
- roll dough into 1.5 tbs balls, pressing tops slightly flat, 6 per sheet
- bake for 9 minutes
* I used 2 pans at once and swapped racks after 5 minutes
- move to wire rack & let cool slightly 

Enjoy!

xx Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment