Sunday, February 23, 2014

Weekly reflections


Last week was full of fun activities!  During the winter I tend to hibernate and not go out that much, but it was really wonderful to catch up with friends & family.  Cheers to bundling up and being social!


- I started off the week trying out a new recipe - apple, leek & butternut squash gratin, yum!  The recipe was from the "Meatless" cookbook.  It was especially delicious the next day for breakfast with an egg on top!



-On Tuesday my friend Jen & I went to out to dinner and to Improv Asylum in the north end.  We went to Nico for dinner before the show.  I got the scallops and oh my goodness they were incredible, cooked perfectly and on top of eggplant slices.  I'll definitely be back, it was such a cozy neighborhood restaurant with delicious food & wine, win-win.

-Improv was hilarious, as usual.  I've been quite a few time because it is just so great every time!  Also it's only $5 every tuesday, so you really can't beat that.  You never know what you're going to get, but I can guarantee many laughs!

- Wednesday was my day off and I met up with my Aunt for lunch at Flour (my favorite spot!)  I got my usual sandwich - tuna curry on toasted wheat and a raspberry seltzer.  They use their own syrup for the seltzer and it's so delicious.  My friend Alexis loves their seltzers as well and I knew you could buy the syrup so over the summer when I went to visit I bought some.  For some reason I was picturing it to be in a ketchup bottle of sorts, or something easy to squeeze, but no it was in a quart sized soup container.  You can imagine I had some pretty weird looks bringing that onto the train!  Anyways, lunch was great & the company was even better!

- Wednesday was also my Dad's birthday, so I wanted to go home and surprise him!  I called him earlier and wished him a wonderful day and told him I was at work (sneaky!)  I took the train home, had my Mom pick me up, and jumped out of the kitchen as he was coming downstairs -- he was very surprised!  The three of us when out the Village restaurant in Essex for dinner.  We all ended up getting the same thing - baked lobster/crab/shrimp casserole - with different sides, yum!


-SO so happy to be reunited with Bailey, all the birthday excitement really wore her out.



- My Mom made this epic double chocolate layer cake, served with vanilla ice cream of course!


Happy Birthday Dad!  Wearing the celebratory birthday crown of course!

-Thursday I woke up with a cold, so I'll be back to hibernation mode for a few days trying to get better.  I have quite a few more fun activities planned and my birthday is coming up soon!

- I'm loving this warm weather that's been happening, I can't wait for spring!

Have a wonderful week!
xx Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment