Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Life Happenings

Wow the weekend really flew by and now it's already Tuesday.  I almost forgot yesterday was a holiday (retail life, sigh)  I just figured it was like every other Monday until I realized the buses were on a Saturday schedule, and running 20 minutes behind - nothing like being rushed on a monday morning.  Oh well, nothing a big toffee latte couldn't fix (and it was my 10th one so it was free!)  I wanted to slow down a little bit before another week passes and take a look back at a few of my favorite things that happened last week.


1.  Wedding planning with Kelly - and having a blast in the photo booth.


2.  Sweets & Smiles!  My Mom was in town on Valentine's day so we went out to breakfast at the Paramount.  We both got the blueberry pancakes and they were delicious.  Afterwards we walked through the commons and pet a few dogs (like mother like daughter) before I had to head into work.  She surprised me with these heart sugar cookies, so sweet!


3.  More snow!  Okay, as much as I can't wait for spring & fresh flowers, there is no denying snow is beautiful.  Living in the city I don't have to drive in it, so I can really enjoy it.  It just makes the whole city look magical and makes me want to cozy up with hot chocolate.

4.  Did I say cozy up with hot chocolate in the middle of a snow storm?  Sorry I meant get into my pj's and devour a plate of Snappy Sushi.  So. Good.  I could eat sushi all day.

5.  I bought a big bouquet of Hydrangeas to brighten up my kitchen.  I feel like I'm always wearing/surrounded by darkness during the winter and I was really craving some color.  It makes me hopeful that spring isn't a million years away.


And finally the most delicious bowl of oatmeal on a Sunday morning.  I mean does it get any better?  I was craving pancakes (from Paramount)  but it was a. freezing and b. I didn't want to leave my apt.  also c. I didn't have pancake ingredients.  So instead I made a deconstructed 'pancake oatmeal bowl' filled with apples and bananas and oat-y goodness.  And then I topped it with almond butter, sunflower seeds and chocolate chips.  A Sunday morning spent watching reruns of "How I Met Your Mother" and eating this is a Sunday morning spent well.

Have a wonderful week!
xx Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment