Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Honey Salted Peanut Butter

Oh hello sweet salty creamy peanut butter.  You are so beautiful to me.  Have you made nut butter?  It's SO easy, only three ingredients!  Plus it's cheaper & healthier than buying copious amounts at the store.  Another perk?  It's totally customizable.  Some days you want straight up pb, other times you want almond butter with a handful of honey roasted peanuts.  Other days you want this chocolate covered pretzel peanut butter (everyday)


I'm not going to lie the weather has got me so down lately.  This has been a long, cold winter & I'm getting a bit of cabin fever.  I love frolicking around the city, but when it's -5 and gusts of wind, going for a walk is more like slow torture.  So much snow everywhere, commutes are at least twice as long and the whole city is pretty grumpy.  I really don't like being so negative, and I actually enjoy the snow, I feel like a kid Christmas morning at the sight of flakes.  Lately I've been feeling like a kid whose math teacher decides to have a pop quiz on a Friday every time I see more flakes.  One of the good parts about spending more time inside is more time for recipe testing (and eating) plus I just started watching Scandal... And I'm slightly addicted. 

So now that I have you thinking about what you're going to whip together & what you're going to put it on (or eat it out of the jar) here's a sweet, salty peanut butter that I can't get enough of.  
Ingredients
- 1 lb (16 oz) roasted & unsalted peanut butter 
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp honey
1. Pour peanuts in food processor.  Blend until creamy, about 8 minutes.  Scrape down sides with spatula to make sure everything is combined
2. Add salt & honey, blend for another 2 minutes.  Grab a spoon & enjoy!

What nut butters are you crazy about?

Stay warm & creative!
xo Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment